Set a new leadership course in motion
Robin’s mix of consulting and workshop opportunities offer opportunities to provide the best way to support your needs. We can work together to address these common issues:
- A huge hiring mistake
- Departure of valued staff
- Bickering and gossip among the team
- Lack of morale and motivation
Robin’s consulting work is designed to assess your particular situation and work with you to turn it around. Engagements vary based on the needs and available resources within your own organization. No situation is the exact same so the work varies to match the need. A complimentary consultation will uncover whether it’s a good fit.
On-site workshops are a great way to involve teams in collaborative learning. Robin creates a welcoming and participatory environment for everyone, ensuring that conversation flows easily and comfortably; topics are addressed with respect and without judgement. She uses an innovative and interesting method of integrating dog and animal themes into her presentations, using pictures, videos, and stories that bring to life the concepts we face in our workplaces.The material will be designed to address particular situations that are unique to your organization. Some of the topics are co-facilitated, based on subject and number of participants and the sessions listed here are a sampling of topics available.
- Dogged Leadership: A New Kind of Interactive Workshop
- Graceful Leadership: Building Respective Relationships
- What Type of Leader are You?
- No Snark No Bark: Creating a Harmonious Workplace
- Fox & Hound: Enhancing Workplace Collaboration
Dogged Leadership: A New Kind of Interactive Workshop
Purpose: Tap into your own natural style to its fullest, so you can work well with all types of people! Certified therapy dogs are our partners for the day, offering us a creative way to achieve this goal.
- Develop a keen awareness of your own leadership style
- Learn how to unleash that style to its maximum potential
- Learn how to effectively communicate with people who have a contrasting leadership approach
- Leave with an understanding of how you can create a workplace where everyone is productive, respectful, and happy
Graceful Leadership: Building Respective Relationships
Purpose: The quality of relationships in the workplace dramatically impacts the outcomes of work productivity and employee satisfaction. We’ll explore how you can create respectful relationships with your colleagues, even with those that you don’t understand or enjoy.
- Explore the value and importance of respectful relationships
- Discuss how every person has responsibility to positively impact that relationship
- Develop skills to have difficult conversations
What Type of Leader are You?
Purpose: This session is designed to help any individual gain a clearer view of their leadership style and enhance their effectiveness in working with others. Discover through the objective lends of a valid assessment how your interactions are impacting your work performance and relationships.
- Understand your key strengths and how that might correlate to a corresponding challenge
- See how others perceive you
- Learn how to work to your full potential, not trying to change the uniqueness of your style
No Snark No Bark: Creating a Harmonious Workplace
Purpose: Create a code of conduct that allows colleagues to establish the workplace environment that ensures all employees behave responsibly and appropriately. Also develop process for holding each other accountable to the system.
- Define characteristics and qualities of a harmonious workplace
- Define code of conduct that is congruent with the harmonious workplace
- Create accountability system that holds system in place, especially when it breaks!
Fox & Hound: Enhancing Workplace Collaboration
Purpose: Based on the story of the deep friendship that developed from the unlikely fox and hound pair, we’ll demonstrate how you can find workplace collaboration in any setting. Our personalities and work styles vary but we all seek a sense of belonging, purpose and security. Each person’s contribution to the team matters and we perform better when we feel appreciated not in spite of our personality or style, but for it.
- Designed to increase staff cohesion, creativity, and wholeheartedness
- Engage participants through writing prompts, effective assessment tools, and a light-hearted but instructive look at what animals can teach us about our own behavior