I am ...
- driven to help all workplaces nurture and sustain a culture where employees love where they work
- acutely aware of the importance of the manager-employee relationship
- adept at dealing with all personalities in a calm and constructive manner
- serious about my work without taking myself too seriously
- a person who sees how animals can (and do) impact and influence our lives
- the grateful mom of Grace, a dog that turned my world upside down, forcing me to recognize my own flaws by recognizing who she is (instead of who I thought she should be)
- committed to volunteering and giving back to the local community
I have ...
- successfully managed teams of all sizes in publishing, higher education, high-tech, and manufacturing sectors
- held leadership positions in many corporate and volunteer organizations, including senior management, Board positions, and direct service roles
- received feedback throughout my management career on my ability to communicate clearly and compassionately, especially in adverse conditions
- been a consultant and founder of PeopleSense Consulting, since 2001
- B.S. in Communications from Virginia Tech
- Masters of Organizational Management from University of Phoenix Online
- Certification from a boatload of courses from the American Management Association, TQM facilitation, and ISO 9001 programs
- 2007 graduate of Leadership New Hampshire (best class ever)
- Founder's Club Award Winner with Profiles International for sales volume, 2003-2014
- PXT SelectTM, Everything DiSC®, and Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team™ Authorized Partner
- Finalist for New Hampshire Businesses for Social Responsibility's Sustainability Slam, 2018
- Volunteer of the Year, Monadnock Humane Society, 2018
I love my work and my life. My husband, Pete, and I share our home (including the furniture) with our dog, Grace, and two cats, Oliver and Dodger, in the beautiful Monadnock region of southern New Hampshire. I strive to live a balanced, healthy life, including long walks in the woods followed by the occasional ample scoop of coconut-almond-chip ice cream.