I am ...
- driven to help all workplaces nurture and sustain a culture where employees love where they work
- acutely aware of the importance of the manager-employee relationship
- adept at dealing with all personalities in a calm and constructive manner
- serious about my work without taking myself too seriously
- a person who sees how animals can (and do) impact and influence our lives
- the grateful mom of Grace, a dog that turned my world upside down, forcing me to recognize my own flaws by recognizing who she is (instead of who I thought she should be)
- committed to volunteering and giving back to the local community
I have ...
- successfully managed teams of all sizes in publishing, higher education, high-tech, and manufacturing sectors
- held leadership positions in many corporate and volunteer organizations, including senior management, Board positions, and direct service roles
- received feedback throughout my management career on my ability to communicate clearly and compassionately, especially in adverse conditions
- been a consultant and founder of PeopleSense Consulting, since 2001
- B.S. in Communications from Virginia Tech
- Masters of Organizational Management from University of Phoenix Online
- Certification from a boatload of courses from the American Management Association, TQM facilitation, and ISO 9001 programs
- 2007 graduate of Leadership New Hampshire (best class ever)
- Founder's Club Award Winner with Profiles International for sales volume; Emerald and Opal level with Wiley & Sons
- PXT SelectTM, Everything DiSC®, and Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team™ Authorized Partner
- Finalist for New Hampshire Businesses for Social Responsibility's Sustainability Slam, 2018 and 2020
- Volunteer of the Year, Monadnock Humane Society, 2018
I love my work and my life. My husband, Pete, and I share our home (including the furniture) with our dog, Zuzu, and two cats, Oliver and Dodger, in central Pennsylvania. We relocated in 2019 after decades of enjoying the Monadnock region of southern New Hampshire. I strive to live a balanced, healthy life, including long walks in the woods followed by the occasional ample scoop of coconut-almond-chip ice cream.